Saturday, August 23, 2008


For not being a fan of bugs through childhood, I am surprised at my enjoyment of watching and photographing them now, dead or alive. They are fascinating studies. I have been thinking it would be good to try and not freak out when/if I see my kid eating bugs down the road. That way maybe he won't get into his brain that bugs are scary and icky. I proposed this to Jason, who is usually amenable to such ideas. This is, after all, the man who has been mulling over how we can set up a play area that works for the kid to remain diaperless in. Then, whenever it's needed, we spray down the play area and the kid with a hose. But he said, "Well, some bugs are actually poisonous, Honey." Oh yeah. We've got a few things to sort through still.

No comments: