Saturday, June 27, 2009

an old cartoon of Rachel's

Rachel drew this cartoon at the tender age of 8, and I thought it would be fun to post in light of her recent post about Cam. Did you know they met in Hawaii?! I found this tonight in the 6th issue of the "Special Delivery Paper," a weekly collection of stories and pictures we made for our parents for a couple of years during childhood.

It's a little hard to see. A woman is drowning and is saved by a man. She first says, "Help me" then "Oh, thank you" then "Oh, my hero." The intense final dialogue has the woman saying "Hawaii is great" and the man responding with, "I know."

4 comments:

Rachel @ Lautaret Bohemiet said...

Ahaha! Alright, this is crazy for several reasons.

Number one, I don't remember ever drawing cartoons, but yet this does look strangely familiar to me.

And number two (the big one) is that I DID meet my mate in Hawaii, after a huge friggin' monsoon swept over the beach we were on. How crazy is that? I fell asleep thinking about it and seriously felt like, for the first time, maybe we were really meant to be in some weird cosmic everything has a purpose sort of way. It was awesome.

I'm so glad you posted this! And I can't wait to read all the back issues of the SDP in a few days!

Christi said...

That is incredible and needs to be framed!! I love the title.

Anonymous said...

I love it. Thank you for sharing Lori!
Melissa S.

Tamie said...

I love your blog. It is just so rad. I just caught up on the last 5 posts. Oh man. How are you such a good photographer?

And in other news: how crazy is it that Rachel is a prophet for her own life? I wish that I would have something happen that would make me feel like everything has a cosmic purpose. I can certainly understand how that would relax a person.